Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a good 1 dish meal. Takes a while to prepare but well worth the time. Our college kids love it! We like ours with a LOT of grated cheese. If you like a juicy casserole, add some water while you are mixing ingredients together. I like top my personal serving with hot salsa.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced black olives (drained)
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole kernel corn (drained)
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans tomato soup
- grated cheddar cheese (We use a 2 lb. brick)
- 1 (12 ounce) package noodles, we like wide egg noodles,cooked & drained
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Cook ground meat with onions in a large roaster and drain excess grease when meat is browned.
- Add the cooked noodles.
- Mix in the olives and corn.
- Add the tomato soup and water if desired.
- Add grated cheese (as much as desired- a lot makes it REALY good).
- Place in large casserole dish and top with more cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees about 30 minutes or until the cheese on top is brown and bubbly.
I made this for Freezer Tag 2008. Over all a good recipe (too many noodles or not enough soup for our personal taste), it reminded me and hubby of the Johnny Marzetti our school used to make. I made the recipe as directed omitting the black olives since I was out and hadn't realized it. We cooked a bit over half that day, put the rest in a 8x8 foil pan for the freezer. We heated it last night for dinner, took 30 minutes in the oven from defrosted state. Changes I'll try next is to cut the noodles to 8 oz and / or add another can of soup. I'll also add the 'topping' cheese for the last 10 minutes of baking. Hubby says "it's a keeper!" and I agree.