Recipe by John D.
This is a typical and very popular Venezuelan breakfast dish, accompanied with a few slices of bread or toast and butter. It's easy and fast to prepare.
- 6 -8 eggs, well beaten
- 1 onion, small and chopped
- 1⁄3 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tomatoes, large and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon cilantro, fresh minced
- 5 dashes salt and pepper (or to taste)
- 3 -4 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour and heat the oil in a frying pan. Add and saute the onion, pepper, and the garlic and heat. When these are just about to soften, add the cilantro, the tomato and finally, the beaten eggs.
- These are stirred so as to mix with all the rest of the ingredientes until they are done to your taste (soft or stiff). You will observe that they remain a bit loose and with some liquid---this is normal, and is due to the liquid retained in the tomato.
- Once cooked to your taste, add the salt and pepper and serve hot.
- NOTE: The tomato may be squeezed before cutting in order to seed it and to remove excess liquid.