Recipe by John D.
I tried out and old passion fruit recipe which added sweetened condensed milk and more than 1 hour in the fridge. I tried it out, but saved the skins and found a new way to serve the dessert.
- 5 whole passion fruit
- 1 (12 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 10 maraschino cherries
- 10 fresh mint leaves (for garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the passion fruits in halves. Remove the pulp and seeds and licuify in your food processer. Save some of the seeds for garnishing.
- Strain the processed pulp. Mix the juice in the food processer with the condensed milk.
- Cut off a small portion of the bottoms of the passion fruit skin halves; enough for them to stand up like small cups. Fill these passion fruit cups with the processed condensed milk mixture.
- Place a red cherry on top of each cup and add as garnish a few passion fruit seeds that you previously saved, as well as a mint leaf (optional).
- Refrigerate for more than 1 hour. (This becomes "cooking time".).