Happy Hippie's Note:
This recipe was posted in my local newspaper and I want to keep it here as I intend to make this; I love the list of ingredients. I have also posted the original recipe for this casserole, which was also posted in the newspaper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Spray a 9x13 inch glass casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- 3Set aside.
- 4Mix the milk, flour and pepper in a bowl.
- 5Combine with the chiles and cheese.
- 6Set aside.
- 7Beat the egg whites with a mixer on high speed until peaks form, about 2 minutes.
- 8Fold into the cheese mixture.
- 9Pour into the prepared dish.
- 10Bake for 35 minutes.
- 11Serve with salsa if desired.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for John Wayne's Favorite Lower-Fat Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 222.9
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 36.9 mg
- Sodium 935.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 15.0 g