This is a hearty sandwich that was given to us by some good friends a while back. They are spicy, but men of all ages seem to love them. They go together quickly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice a "V" in top of buns. Set tops aside.
- 2Scoop out center of buns, leaving a shell 1/2 inch thick.
- 3Butter inside of buns and tops.
- 4Layer with cheese whiz, sausage, cheese whiz, onions, jalapenos and mozzarella cheese. Replace lids.
- 5Wrap completely in aluminum foil.
- 6Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes.
- 7In a pinch, these can be done in the microwave, but they are much better in the oven.(Sans foil, of course).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for John Wayne Specials
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 844.2
- Calories from Fat 546
- Total Fat 60.7 g
- Saturated Fat 25.1 g
- Cholesterol 166.7 mg
- Sodium 2042.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 36.9 g