Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
The following is a recipe that has certainly been well-tested. Groups of school children make it (with very little supervision) as one of the activities during museum visits. The freezing time is dependent on your ice cream machine.
- Freeze as per machine instructions.
- This makes very rich, very delicious ice cream (and I don't even like ice cream.).
- A variation on this recipe is to add strawberries.
- Most frequently we have used about half a large package of the loose-pack frozen ones, but I'm sure fresh ones would work well in season.
- Just dump the strawberries (frozen or unfrozen) in with the rest of the ingredients.
- This makes strawberry ice cream that really tastes like strawberries and cream, not like something flavored with pseudo-strawberry something.