Recipe by Nana Lee
The following is a recipe that has certainly been well-tested. Groups of school children make it (with very little supervision) as one of the activities during museum visits. The freezing time is dependent on your ice cream machine.
Directions See How It's Made
- Freeze as per machine instructions.
- This makes very rich, very delicious ice cream (and I don't even like ice cream.).
- A variation on this recipe is to add strawberries.
- Most frequently we have used about half a large package of the loose-pack frozen ones, but I'm sure fresh ones would work well in season.
- Just dump the strawberries (frozen or unfrozen) in with the rest of the ingredients.
- This makes strawberry ice cream that really tastes like strawberries and cream, not like something flavored with pseudo-strawberry something.