Recipe by Mommy Diva
The NBA star's garlic-chipotle sauce is the key to this spicy guacamole. Looks YUMMY - I am posting here to be tried as soon as I can find this sauce! Aired today (Oct 23, 2008) on the Rachel Ray show -- John Sally Garlic Chipotle Sauce is available online and features peaches and a terrific blend of spices.....
Top Review by Sharon123
This was really different and really good! I didn't have the garlic chipotle sauce, but I did have some apple chipotle sauce, so I used that and added some extra garlic. I love the slightly sweet, smoky flavor and the roasted corn and onions were so good! I enjoyed all the flavors! Thanks for a yummy guac!
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed in boiling water for 5 minutes and drained
- 2 jalapeno peppers, stemmed, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1⁄4 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 california avocados, ripe peeled and seeded
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup john salley's garlic-chipotle sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss corn, jalapeños and onion with oil then spread evenly out onto the baking sheet.
- Transfer to the oven and roast for 15-20 minutes, until vegetables are lightly browned.
- When cool, peel the jalapeños, if desired, then finely chop them with the onion. Reserve them with the roasted corn.
- In a large mixing bowl, coarsely mash avocados with lime juice. Stir in the roasted vegetables, cilantro and Garlic Chipotle Sauce, and serve.