Clipped from the Rocky Mountain News during one of my trips to Colorado. Wonder if HE makes this or Mrs. Elway? And does he drink a 6 pack when he eats it?
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 (15 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel, diced tomatoes and green chilis
- 1 cup diced potato, with skins
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 (15 ounce) can French style green beans, undrained
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper
- In a large pot, saute onion and garlic in butter.
- Simultaneously, in a skillet, fry the ground beef until brown. Strain off grease.
- Add the cooked meat to the onions and garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add all other ingredients to the pot and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper, as needed.