1/1 Photo of John Elway's Hamburger Soup
Clipped from the Rocky Mountain News during one of my trips to Colorado. Wonder if HE makes this or Mrs. Elway? And does he drink a 6 pack when he eats it?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 (15 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel, diced tomatoes and green chilis
- 1 cup diced potato, with skins
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 (15 ounce) can French style green beans, undrained
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper
- 1In a large pot, saute onion and garlic in butter.
- 2Simultaneously, in a skillet, fry the ground beef until brown. Strain off grease.
- 3Add the cooked meat to the onions and garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- 4Add all other ingredients to the pot and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- 5Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- 6Season with salt and pepper, as needed.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for John Elway's Hamburger Soup
Serving Size: 1 (441 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 455.9
- Calories from Fat 234
- Total Fat 26.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 105.6 mg
- Sodium 1926.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 33.2 g