Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Serve this with his Zinfandel Braised Beef Short Ribs and root vegetable ragout. Assembly for all three are included. If you use instant polenta the cooking time will be shorter.
- 2 cups water
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup organic yellow polenta (can substitute plain cornmeal)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup mascarpone cheese (can substitute cream cheese)
- Lightly season 2 cups water with salt and bring to a boil. Quickly whisk in the polenta until it has been fully incorporated. Reduce the heat to a low simmer. Add the butter and allow the polenta to cook uncovered for 30 minutes. Stir in the mascarpone and season to taste with salt.
- This may be made in advance and kept in the refrigerator. Reheat in the microwave just before serving.
- Assembly: Reheat the three components of the dish separately.
- On each of 6 large plates, place a couple of spoonfuls of polenta in the center of the plate.
- Carefully remove the bones from the hot ribs and place the beef short ribs over the bed of polenta.
- In a pan over medium heat, bring the reserved braising liquid to a simmer. Once the sauce is hot, check for seasoning and, if needed, add a touch of salt and pepper. Spoon the sauce around the beef short ribs and polenta. Carefully place the root vegetable ragout on the beef. Serve and enjoy!
This was a brand new kind of dish for us, & we loved it with the citrus-sauce pork chops that I served with it! I always like trying new things, & this one fit right in there! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Stars recipe tag]
I absolutely love the creaminess of the mascarpone in the polenta. A perfect marriage. This is also great with roasted chicken or rabbit. Spoon the juices over the polenta and serve with roasted veggies. Buonissimo!
Mmm, this is one super creamy and yummy polenta recipe! I made the cream cheese version as thats what I had on hand and it was very much enjoyed by all. I think I would have liked it even better with some added herbs or other seasonings as for me it was a wee bit bland as is. THANKS SO MUCH for sharing this superb recipe with us, Marra! Made and reviewed for Newest Zaar Octobre 09.