Recipe by Mirj
No, this is not John and Yoko's recipe. I know John Lennon took some time off to bake bread when he became a house husband back in the 70s, but I doubt he ever made these bars. This is purely my invention. Miller sent me some of the M&Ms bits, I did a little research here at Zaar how they would best be used (besides just inhaling them, of course), and came up with this. John Lennon's Double Fantasy album just happened to be playing on the stereo at the time. Good bars, my family don't deserve them, I keep them hidden as a special treat for me!
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 ounce) package M&M's semi-sweet chocolate baking bits (1 3/4 cups)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or 1 cup pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl combine the butter and cookie crumbs.
- Then press the mixture into the bottom of a 13x9 inch baking pan.
- I normally do not grease the pan, but line with with parchment paper.
- When it's ready and baked, I just lift the whole thing out of the pan and let it cool, and there is practically no pan cleanup!
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk evenly over the crumbs.
- Scrape out the can with a spatula, you want to get every precious drop of the stuff.
- Combine the M&M's Baking Bits, coconut, and nuts.
- Sprinkle mixture evenly over the condensed milk.
- Press the sprinkled stuff in lightly with your hands, be gentle.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until set.
- Cool completely before cutting.
- Store in a tightly covered container, hidden away from the rest of the member of your family (at least, that's what I do).