1/1 Photo of John and Yoko's Double Fantasy Bars
No, this is not John and Yoko's recipe. I know John Lennon took some time off to bake bread when he became a house husband back in the 70s, but I doubt he ever made these bars. This is purely my invention. Miller sent me some of the M&Ms bits, I did a little research here at Zaar how they would best be used (besides just inhaling them, of course), and came up with this. John Lennon's Double Fantasy album just happened to be playing on the stereo at the time. Good bars, my family don't deserve them, I keep them hidden as a special treat for me!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2In a bowl combine the butter and cookie crumbs.
- 3Then press the mixture into the bottom of a 13x9 inch baking pan.
- 4I normally do not grease the pan, but line with with parchment paper.
- 5When it's ready and baked, I just lift the whole thing out of the pan and let it cool, and there is practically no pan cleanup!
- 6Pour the sweetened condensed milk evenly over the crumbs.
- 7Scrape out the can with a spatula, you want to get every precious drop of the stuff.
- 8Combine the M&M's Baking Bits, coconut, and nuts.
- 9Sprinkle mixture evenly over the condensed milk.
- 10Press the sprinkled stuff in lightly with your hands, be gentle.
- 11Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until set.
- 12Cool completely before cutting.
- 13Store in a tightly covered container, hidden away from the rest of the member of your family (at least, that's what I do).
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for John and Yoko's Double Fantasy Bars
Serving Size: 1 (35 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 167.3
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 19.2 mg
- Sodium 78.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
M&M's semi-sweet chocolate baking bits