Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe was developed by JoAnne Fajack of JoHanna's Cellar Babies Herb Farm in Youngstown, Ohio for her husband. "This mixture gives meats the taste of salt, except it is a lot better for you", says JoAnne.
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Place in a wide-hole shaker jar to use at the table in place of salt.
- Variation: Crushed-up bay leaves can be substituted for tarragon.
- Suggested Uses: Steak, pork chops, beef patties, and especially chicken dishes.
- This blend is very mild and yet tasteful.
I made spaghetti sauce with this and sprinkled some on the garlic bread. Great no salt mix.