Prep 25 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is a variation of another recipe that my friends rave about. It freezes very well and makes about 8 very generous servings. Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs of your favorite ground meat (90/10 ground sirloin, Italian sausage, etc)
- 12 ounces tomato paste
- 48 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄4 cups red wine (Use a good one. It will make a difference)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 bay leaves
- 4 chopped garlic cloves (or more if you like garlic as I do)
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Add all the ingredients EXCEPT for the meat,onions and garlic into a crock pot (slow cooker) and turn on low.
- Brown the meat, onions and garlic then simmer for 10 minutes on low.
- Drain all fat.
- Add meat,onions and garlic to your pot and simmer on low for 4 hours, stirring every 30 minutes or so.
Far and away the best sauce I have ever made. My wife and kids love it. Thanks chef!