1/1 Photo of Joey's Vegan Vanilla Sauce
Chef Joey Z.'s Note:
This sauce is creamy and smooth. The original recipe called for evaporated milk, but I made a substitute that turned out delicious. I will include the substitute here as it should be prepared well before hand and let cool. The evaporated milk substitute contains 1 1/8 cup Better Than Milk Soy Powder 1/2 cup warm water 1/4 cup raw cane sugar. The preparation instructions are below with the directions. Once this evapourated milk substitute is cooled combine with the rest of the ingredients for the Vanilla Sauce and pour over your favourite bread pudding or cake. Below are the ingredients for the Vanilla Sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1For the Evaporated Milk Substitute:.
- 2In a double boiler over gently boiling water combine the warm water and the Better Than Milk Soy Powder. Mix well with a whisk.
- 3When this is hot to the touch add in the cane sugar and stir gently until its dissolved.
- 4Remove from the saucepan and put in a dish and cool in the fridge.
- 5For the Vanilla Sauce:.
- 6In a heavy sauce pan combine the arrowroot flour and sugar.
- 7Stir in the Evaporated Milk Substitute.
- 8Cook this over medium heat until bubbly and boiling. Stir this constantly with a whisk for 2-3 minutes.
- 9Take it off the heat and add the Earth Balance margarine and vanilla (or other flavoring if you prefer).
- 10Bon Apetit!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Joey's Vegan Vanilla Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 224.4
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 7.3 mg
- Sodium 106.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 30.0 g
- Protein 2.1 g