Recipe by Chef Joey Z.
I've never had Carbonara before and wanted to try it. So I concocted this recipe for my lunch. I loved the smoky flavor of this dish.
- 8 ounces spaghetti (or pasta of choice)
- 5 ounces silk soy coffee creamer
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 large garlic clove (or two small-chopped small)
- 1 medium onion (chopped small)
- 5 slices turkey bacon (chopped small)
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce (I didn't add the chipoltle chili)
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon margarine (I used vegan)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- For the Sauce:.
- Cut up the onion and garlic into small pieces and saute in the oil and margarine for about 3 minutes.
- Add the chopped bacon, liquid smoke and Adobo sauce. Saute until the bacon is cooked. This won't take long as turkey bacon is very lean.
- Taste it -- you should always taste what you make!
- Add the silk creamer and the parsley and simmer to reduce the cream. Add more if you prefer. Make sure you taste this again and adjust for seasonings.
- Set the sauce aside.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- When the pasta is cooked add it to the Carbonara Sauce and give it a really good toss. You want to get every noodle coated.
- Sprinkle with a little Romano cheese and dig in!
- Bon Appetit!