Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My son's All-Time favourite muffins. Today when he saw me making them he said "You're a good woman, Mom" I replied "Yes Joe...I am" LOL Adapted from the Quaker Wheat Bran box. We always use chocolate chips in ours.
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 2 eggs (unbeaten)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups wheat bran
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or 1 cup raisins
- Cream shortening and brown sugar together.
- Add molasses and eggs and beat together well.
- Add milk and then Bran.
- Combine baking powder,soda and salt together.
- Add to liquid ingredients.
- Add chocolate chips or raisins if desired.
- Place in greased or lined muffin tin.
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 18-20 minutes.