Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love a creamy mushroom soup, but not all the cream, so I came up with this one for myself and I think it tastes rather good. You can double this recipe if you wish.
- 3 tablespoons margarine (Earth Balance)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (19 ounce) canorganic coconut milk
- 1 (19 ounce) canof filtered water
- 10 white button mushrooms (large-chopped)
- 5 white button mushrooms (large-chopped)
- 1 tablespoon ginger juice
- 4 scallions (chopped)
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the margarine and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large saucepan. Chop the 10 mushrooms and 2 scallions and saute them in the margarine/oil mixture until just cooked.
- Add the soy sauce and stir. Add the ginger juice cook until it's absorbed into the mushrooms. At this point, give the mushroom mixture a taste. At this point it should be a little salty.
- Put the sauted mushrooms and scallions into a blender. Add one can of coconut milk and one can of water and blend.
- Taste.it should taste like mushroom soup.
- Back at the saucepan add the remaining one tablespoon margarine and 1/2 teaspoons olive oil.
- Chop up the remaining 5 mushrooms and saute them in the margarine/oil mixture until just cooked.
- Remove the mushrooms from the sauce pan and cut up small. Chop up the two remaining scallions. Add this mixture to the mushroom soup and warm through "but do not boil!" It's already well cooked.
- Bon Appetit!
- If you like you can also add:.
- 1 apple chopped small.
- a little tarragon or curry powder.
- some chopped celery or onion.
- a little five spice powder.
- 2 small potatoes or sun chokes chopped fine.