1/1 Photo of Joe's Teriyaki Pork and Broccoli Stir-Fry
Smokin' Joe of Wixom's Note:
Here's a stir-fry that's very colorful and a little sweeter than most (but not overly sweet). It's a compilation of at least three different stir-fry's and even my wife liked it (she's not real keen on stir-fry's). I hope you like it too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb pork, boneless
- 10 3/4 ounces chicken broth (1 can)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Burgundy wine
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 cups instant rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced in strips
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 10 ounces frozen broccoli cuts
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1Partially freeze meat. Cut the meat into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- 2For sauce, stir together chicken broth, soy sauce, red wine, brown sugar, ginger, cornstarch and crushed red pepper. Set aside.
- 3Heat the water to boiling, add the rice, cover and remove from the heat.
- 4Add 1 tbs oil to a hot wok or large skillet, and stir-fry the red onion, red pepper, and garlic until the onion is transparent, about 3 minutes.
- 5Move the vegetables to the outside of the wok, and add 1 tbs oil and the pork to the center and stir-fry until no longer pink.
- 6Add the broccoli to the wok and mix in with the meat and cooked vegetables. Cook for 2 minutes.
- 7Pour the sauce into the wok and cook until the sauce thickens. Add the green onions and cook for 1 minute more.
- 8Spoon the stir-fry over the rice and enjoy!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Joe's Teriyaki Pork and Broccoli Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 279.5
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 32.4 mg
- Sodium 379.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 16.1 g