1/4 Photos of Joe's Sweet Pickled Banana Peppers
Chef Teer's Note:
My own recipe. My wife and i love these sweet peppers. They are great on hot dogs,hamburgers,sub sandwiches or just about anything you wanna put them on or in.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sterilize 2- 1/2 pint jars.
- 2Bring the peppers,vinegar, sugar, mustard seed, celery seed, and remaining ingredients to a rolling boil.
- 3Remove bay leaves unless you prefer to leave in for appearance.
- 4Place peppers in the 1/2 pint jars.
- 5Pour on the pickling juice.
- 6Bring brine to within 1/2" of the top.
- 7Be sure the edge of the jar has no juice on it.
- 8Seal in jars and leave for 2 weeks before opening.**.
- 9**This is an heirloom method no longer recommended by the USDA/NCHFP (National Center For Home Food Preservation). To meet current guidelines, the filled jars should be processed in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes up to 1000 feet in elevation, 15 minutes from 1000 to 6000 feet, and 20 minutes at over 6000 feet.
Browse Our Top Garnishes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Joe's Sweet Pickled Banana Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 192.4
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 597.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 36.4 g
- Protein 1.7 g