Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
From TSR e-newsletter. www.TopSecretRecipes.com
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 2 (10 ounce) boxes frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and saute for about 30 seconds. Whisk in flour and heat for about 1 minute. Whisk in half-n-half.
- Squeeze water out of the thawed spinach and add spinach to the saucepan. Add salt, nutmeg, and black pepper. Simmer for 20 minutes on low/medium heat. Spinach will be tender when done.
This recipe was created by Todd Wilbur for his book "Top Secret Restaurant Recipes 3" and www.TopSecretRecipes.com
I halved the recipe. It was a bit on the dry side, but the flavors were awesome!!! Maybe I should have cooked 10 minutes instead of 20 minutes or left the sauce as is and just use one box of spinach?
I made this exactly as written. I grate my own fresh nutmeg and next time will cut back on this as the nutmeg was a tad over-powering. Otherwise, very good and very easy to make. Thanks for sharing!