- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 2 (10 ounce) boxes frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and saute for about 30 seconds. Whisk in flour and heat for about 1 minute. Whisk in half-n-half.
- Squeeze water out of the thawed spinach and add spinach to the saucepan. Add salt, nutmeg, and black pepper. Simmer for 20 minutes on low/medium heat. Spinach will be tender when done.