- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- garlic powder (optional)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons diced shallots or 2 tablespoons onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups fresh Baby Spinach
- salt (optional)
- pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and begin to brown the beef.
- Add the garlic powder halfway through cooking, if using.
- When beef is browned, remove it from the pan, drain and set aside.
- Use paper towels to wipe away the excess fat from the pan.
- Heat olive oil in the pan over medium heat.
- Add the shallots or onions and herbs and saute' 2 to 3 minutes.
- Then add the garlic and saute' 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Add the spinach, toss well to coat, and saute' until just wilted.
- Add the hamburger, stirring to distribute ingredients evenly.
- Pour the beaten eggs over all and stir gently until cooked.
- Salt and pepper to taste.