Epi Curious's Note:
Recipe from the Food Network, courtesy of Joe Rao.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces cream cheese (may use less, depending on size of peppers used)
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped (use less if you use less cream cheese or small peppers)
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato, finely chopped (nice handful from the jar)
- fresh basil, chopped (to taste)
- 1 pinch salt
- 18 jalapeno peppers (larger than average size will make them easier to stuff)
- 1 lb bacon, thinly sliced (use less if you use smaller peppers)
- toothpick (for the peppers, not your teeth!)
- 1Mix cream cheese with chopped garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and a dash of chopped basil. Add a pinch of salt. Mix until the mixture is soft and manageable.
- 2Slice each jalapeno lengthwise on 1 side, being careful not to cut the jalapeno in half. Remove the seeds if you don't want them too hot -- depending on your pepper, you may have to slice around the stem of the pepper to create a manageable opening to squeeze the filling inches.
- 3Fill either a pastry bag or tool of your choise with the filling. Use something that will allow you to squeeze the filling into the opening of the pepper with ease. Be careful not to overfill as the filling may spurt out while cooking.
- 4Wrap each pepper with 1 to 2 strips of bacon, securing the opening in the pepper. Secure the bacon with a toothpick (best to soak them first to prevent burning on the grill). This also helps prevent the peppers from falling into the grill! Long metal or wood skewers work well for large amounts.
- 5BBQ the peppers until they are lightly roasted, or until the bacon is fully cooked. Use some foil to cook on if your peppers are cooking too fast or beginning to burn on a hot grill.
- 6Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Joe's Screaming Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 499.8
- Calories from Fat 428
- Total Fat 47.6 g
- Saturated Fat 19.6 g
- Cholesterol 93.0 mg
- Sodium 815.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 12.6 g