Recipe by Chef Teer
I have been making these sausage balls for many years now. I always make them around christmas and thanksgiving for partys and just to have around the house for friends that stop by. They are great! A Must Try Appetizer.
Top Review by dmac085
These are exactly the recipe a fried uses and I've just made them for the first time myself and they're perfect. I'm not a rosemary fan so I used 1/2 the rosemary and the rest fresh thyme and a sprinkle of powder. My friend sometimes changes up the sausage, either using hot breakfast or even Italian sausage w/ cheddar, parmesan, garlic and basil. Such an awesome recipe:)
- 3 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 4 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Note: You can use mild or hot pork sausage depends on what you like.(i prefer Jimmy Dean).
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease bottom and sides of cookie sheet.
- Stir together all ingredients, using hands or spoon. Shape mixture into 1-inch balls. Place in pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until brown. Immediately remove from pan. Serve warm with sauce for dipping.