Very rich and very yummy. From Joe Fortes Seafood & Chop House, Vancouver, BC.
Make and share this Joe's Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Cut top 1/4-inch garlic head and wrap head in foil.
- Roast garlic 40 to 50 minutes, or until very soft, and cool.
- Squeeze roasted garlic from head and reserve.
- 3In a 4-quart saucepan cover potatoes (unpeeled) with water by 2-inches and simmer until very tender, about 30 minutes.
- Drain potatoes in a colander (do not peel).
- Transfer potatoes while still hot to a large bowl and add butter.
- With an electric mixer on low speed mash slightly.
- Beat in sour cream, buttermilk, chives, and oil until combined well.
- Add Parmesan, reserved garlic, pepper, and salt to taste, beating until smooth.
Delicious, creamy mashed potatoes! The garlic really enhances great flavors in these potatoes. We tasted them before and after adding the garlic and realized how much better the taste was after adding the garlic! We brought these potatoes to a potluck and everyone LOVED them! Thanks! Made for Zaar tag.
These were fabulous, rich and yummy, i used low fat buttermil and sour cream though :)