Very rich and very yummy. From Joe Fortes Seafood & Chop House, Vancouver, BC.
Make and share this Joe's Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Cut top 1/4-inch garlic head and wrap head in foil.
- Roast garlic 40 to 50 minutes, or until very soft, and cool.
- Squeeze roasted garlic from head and reserve.
- 3In a 4-quart saucepan cover potatoes (unpeeled) with water by 2-inches and simmer until very tender, about 30 minutes.
- Drain potatoes in a colander (do not peel).
- Transfer potatoes while still hot to a large bowl and add butter.
- With an electric mixer on low speed mash slightly.
- Beat in sour cream, buttermilk, chives, and oil until combined well.
- Add Parmesan, reserved garlic, pepper, and salt to taste, beating until smooth.