1/3 Photos of " Joe's" Peppermint Cookies N Cream Brownies
Tired of eating Candy-Cane Joe-Joe cookies straight out of the box? Try them in this recipe! (note: this year I've also seen peppermint Oreos, so you could use those if you don't have a Trader Joes near you). These delicious, fudge-y brownies are made with the popular candy-cane chocolate wafer cookie available at Trader Joe's during the holidays. Make these early in the day as they slice best when cooled completely.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups roughly chopped peppermint oreos (approx 18)
- 1 candy cane (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Line a 9×13-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, and grease lightly.
- 3In a medium-large saucepan over low heat, melt together butter and chocolate, stirring occasionally.
- 4Stir in sugar, salt and vanilla & peppermint extracts; remove from heat.
- 5Whisk in eggs one at a time, waiting until each is fully incorporated before adding the next.
- 6Stir in flour and cocoa powder until mixture is uniform. Stir in crushed cookies.
- 7Spread batter into prepared pan.
- 8If desired, crush 3-4 additional cookies finely and scatter on top of batter. You can also crush 1 candy-cane and sprinkle it on top; it will melt slightly but still be pretty and festive.
- 9Bake for about 35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with moist crumbs, but not coated with batter.
- 10Cool brownies in pan on wire rack for 20 minutes, then lift brownies in the foil out of the pan and place on a wire rack to cool completely (at least one more hour) before slicing.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for " Joe's" Peppermint Cookies N Cream Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 185.5
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 38.5 mg
- Sodium 97.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 18.8 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: