Recipe by grberk
This recipe comes from my friend Joe from Vietnam. His mom made these egg rolls all of the time, and I could eat a dozen of them at one sitting! Delicious!!!
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1⁄2 lb chicken breast
- 3 carrot sticks
- 1⁄2 head cabbage
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄2 medium onion
- 1 7⁄8 ounces vermicelli (bean thread)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 (16 ounce) package egg roll wraps
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook ground pork and chicken breast and chop until fine.
- Chop carrots, cabbage, mushrooms, and onion very finely.
- Put vermicelli in a bowl of warm water for 15 minutes. Remove, drain and cut into 1-1/2 inch sections.
- Mix meat, vegetables, pepper, sugar, salt, eggs, garlic salt and vermicelli in a bowl.
- Heat up cooking oil to 400 degrees.
- Follow directions on egg roll wrap package to add filling and fold wrap.
- Cook until golden brown.