2 hrs 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Dee Licious's Note:
My husband's amazing creation... Shrimp, cream, sherry - how can you go wrong with that combo? Warning this is HIGHLY addictive, especially when paired with homemade Cuban bread.
My Private Note
10 oz s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pull heads off shrimp.
- 2In 4 quart saucepan put 2 cans chicken broth.
- 3Put shrimp heads in saucepan with broth.
- 4Bring to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minute.
- 6Remove shrimp heads and discard.
- 7Reduce liquid (to aprox 12 oz).
- 8In frying pan saute thinly sliced shallots and crushed garlic with 1 tbsp butter then turn off heat.
- 9Pour reduced chicken stock (from #7) in 8 quart stock pot then add shallots & garlic and stir, then slowly add sherry and stir, then add half and half while stirring and remaining butter.
- 10Add all spices and turn burner on low.
- 11Clean and de-vein shrimp then cut shrimp in half.
- 12Add shrimp to soup.
- 13Turn heat up a little (no more than 170 degrees - will curdle if heat is too high. If it does curdle strain out shrimp and put soup in blender and blend on high until re-mixed and smooth then pour back in pot and add shrimp again) and cook for 1 hour stirring occasionally.
- 14Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Joe's Maryland Shrimp Bisque
Serving Size: 1 (368 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 19
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 438.5
- Calories from Fat 265
- Total Fat 29.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.8 g
- Cholesterol 208.5 mg
- Sodium 935.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 20.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning