Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are the light and fluffy ones that the kids beg for.
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix egg, buttermilk and oil.
- Pour egg mixture in to flour mix. Stir until just blended but still lumpy.
- Cook till golden brown on a HOT griddle.
Absolutely killer pancakes!!! These are so quick and easy to get together in the morning, yet so much better then restaurant pancakes!! I made 1/2 of the recipe and made as written except when it came to the instructions, it said to add oil and there wasn't any oil in the ingredients. I just guessed and added 1 tablespoon oil for 1/2 of the recipe. Served mine topped with fresh sliced strawberries and whipped topping, yummy!!!! Thanks again Shrek for another great recipe. Made for Spring PAC 2013.