Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a soup designed to warm the heart, and quickly feed the family. I was in the kitchen one day and threw together this soup.
- 1 bunch fresh kale
- 1 bunch fresh spinach
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 2 onions
- 1 (12 ounce) canof diced carrots
- 1 (8 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 3 (12 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- Chop up the 1/2 pound of bacon and add to a 5 quart dutch oven and cook. After bacon is crispy, drain off the excess bacon grease.
- Chop up the two onions and add to the pot over a medium heat. Also add the garlic, salt and pepper at this time.
- After the onions and bacon have started sizzling, add the mushrooms and carrot and allow to infuse the flavors of the onions and bacon.
- Then add the kale and spinach, the 3 cans of chicken broth, and allow to boil for about 20 minutes. Make sure the kale and spinach have cooked down enough before adding the cream of chicken soup.
- You may if you wish add a little water to extend the amount of soup desired.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.