Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a soup designed to warm the heart, and quickly feed the family. I was in the kitchen one day and threw together this soup.
- Chop up the 1/2 pound of bacon and add to a 5 quart dutch oven and cook. After bacon is crispy, drain off the excess bacon grease.
- Chop up the two onions and add to the pot over a medium heat. Also add the garlic, salt and pepper at this time.
- After the onions and bacon have started sizzling, add the mushrooms and carrot and allow to infuse the flavors of the onions and bacon.
- Then add the kale and spinach, the 3 cans of chicken broth, and allow to boil for about 20 minutes. Make sure the kale and spinach have cooked down enough before adding the cream of chicken soup.
- You may if you wish add a little water to extend the amount of soup desired.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.