Chef "Joe and Susanne"'s Note:
This is a soup designed to warm the heart, and quickly feed the family. I was in the kitchen one day and threw together this soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop up the 1/2 pound of bacon and add to a 5 quart dutch oven and cook. After bacon is crispy, drain off the excess bacon grease.
- 2Chop up the two onions and add to the pot over a medium heat. Also add the garlic, salt and pepper at this time.
- 3After the onions and bacon have started sizzling, add the mushrooms and carrot and allow to infuse the flavors of the onions and bacon.
- 4Then add the kale and spinach, the 3 cans of chicken broth, and allow to boil for about 20 minutes. Make sure the kale and spinach have cooked down enough before adding the cream of chicken soup.
- 5You may if you wish add a little water to extend the amount of soup desired.
- 6Add salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Savory Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Joe's " Kale and Spinach" Soup
Serving Size: 1 (517 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 540.3
- Calories from Fat 330
- Total Fat 36.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 50.7 mg
- Sodium 4207.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 21.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: