Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an easy tasty chicken dish.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce (PRego or Ragu)
- 2 cups red wine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Place onion, celery, bell pepper and garlic in a lightly greased pan. Cook down or until onion turns clear. Set aside.
- Cut chicken in to one inch squares fry in pan previously used, until lightly done.
- Add all ingredients in with the chicken and bring to hard boil then simmer uncovered for 30 min
- Season to taste and serve over rice.
Delicious! I agree with the other reviewer that there is too much liquid, but we just served it over cooked barley and let it sop up the liquid. We did use an entire (extremely large) green pepper so we wouldn't have any extra laying around. We loved it! Thanks for posting!
Because I changed it I didn't feel right giving it 5 stars. The amount of liquid in this recipe seemed too much so I didn't include the chicken broth and used only 1 cup of wine. The only thing else I did differently was add some crushed red peppers. Wonderful recipe! It was very flavourful! My daughter commented that it was like eating at a resterant :)