Recipe by Chef Shadows
SOURCE JOE SABLE This is a camp favorite the first night in camp. Prepare in advance and cook on a braiser or grill. I use Sweat Baby Ray's Hickory and Brown Sugar BBQ sauce. You will need 12 EACH 8-inch BAMBOO SQUERS OR WOODEN SQUERS. This is not a true historical recipe, but one we use when out reenacting.
- 1 lb thawed large shrimp or 1 lb raw large shrimp, peeled
- 1 lb bacon, cut in half
- as req your favorite barbecue sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Wrap 1 shrimp at a time with 1/2 strip of.
- place on 2 squers.
- repeat shrimp wrap and place on same 2.
- continue with 4 more shrimp, (6 shrimp.
- to a pair of squers).
- repeat process until all shrimp are used.
- this will make about 4 racks of shrimp.
- grill until done then cover with bbq.
- sauce for the last 5 minutes.