Prep 48 hrs
Cook 8 hrs
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon hickory smoke salt
- 5 teaspoons tender quick
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 4 lbs ground elk
- 1 lb ground pork
- Mix all seasonings.
- Add to meat.
- Mix well with hands.
- Refrigerate covered overnight.
- Mix again.
- Refrigerate covered another night.
- Form meat into 5 rolls.
- Place rolls about 2" apart on rack in large shallow pan.
- Place in center of 350 oven.
- Bake 10 minute.
- Reduce heat to 200 and bake 8 hr, turning every 2 hours.
- Drain off grease as necessary.
- Outside will be dark and glossy.
- Inside will be pink.
- Wrap each individually in foil.
- Keeps in fridge 2 weeks or in freezer 4 wks.