Recipe by MTDavids
Years of camping with our kids resulted in a severe aversion to hot dogs. My wife and I would cringe when the kids would request grilled dogs for dinner. I spent years trying to find a way to prepare them so we all enjoyed the meal. This is the result. These are REALLY GOOD...please use a good dog like Hebrew National. It makes a huge difference.
Top Review by anme
Interesting way to serve hot dogs. I scaled it down to two hot dogs and served with Recipe #186721. Over all pretty good, but the marinade was not really mine or my mothers taste. But I'm more of a purest when it comes to my dogs. I will probably make this for pinic and pot luck for people who like more "sassy" hot dogs. But if you do like your dogs kicked up a knotch then this is for you!
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup barbecue sauce (your favorite)
- 1 tablespoon dehydrated onion
- 1⁄4 cup beer
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce (I like A-1)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut each canine's skin in a spiral from nose to tail.
- Place pooches in a glass container.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a bowl and dump over dogs.
- Marinate the mutts overnight in the refrigerator or 1/2 hour at room temperature.
- Grill the growlers over medium heat until done.
- Meanwhile, boil the marinade.
- Place the pups in the hot marinade to coat, and coax each curr onto a bun.
- Serve with chopped onion and desired condiments. We like mustard.