I had these at Joe's Crabshack and am putting this recipe here until I can try it. They were the bomb; must like spicy though. These are deep fried appetizers.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon season salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 cup cheese, shredded pepperjack
- 4 teaspoons onions, minced
- 4 teaspoons green peppers, minced
- 3 jalapenos, minced and seeded
- 6 ounces crab, canned
- 4 ounces shrimp, minced salad shrimp
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup oil
- Mix the butter, cream cheese, sour cream, and mayonnaise until blended.
- Add seasoned salt, paprika, and chili powder.
- Add cheese, onion, green pepper, and jalapenos.
- Add crab and shrimp; mix.
- Roll into 1/4 inch balls; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Beat eggs and milk.
- Dip the balls into egg mixture; dredge in fine bread crumbs.
- Deep fry until golden in 1 cup hot oil.