Recipe by cali~jenn
I got this recipe out of my top secret recipes cookbook."Recipe created by Todd Wilbur www.TopSecretRecipes.com". Read more: <a href="http://www.food.com/mail/view?msgid=3940253&oc=linkback">http://www.food.com/mail/view?msgid=3940253&oc=linkback</a> I have to say when I make these crab legs I no longer feel the need to go out to expensive restaurants to buy them and spend a fortune! They are easy and delicious!!! Just an update.... This last time I made them I thought I would try without the oil to see what the difference is and although the oil is messy it does taste better somehow. I think the oil helps to keep the crab more moist or something. It is good both ways but I will go back to using the oil now that I know.
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill a large pot halfway with water, add oil and bring to a boil.
- Crush all of the unpeeled garlic cloves with a mallet and add to boiling water along with parsley flakes.
- Boil for 15 minutes.
- While that is boiling, cut the crab legs in half so they will fit into the pot.
- The recipe also calls for poking holes in the crab legs with the back of a wooden spoon so the juices all seep in but I like to slit my legs down one side so there is no work when it is time to eat them. To me that seems to do the same thing.
- Lower crab legs into the pot and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Remove crab legs and drain.
- Serve with melted butter on the side. yum!