Recipe by bcherrycherry
A copycat of Joes Crab Shack
Top Review by DailyInspiration
I have never had Joe's Crab Shack etouffee before so I cannot judge the recipe by their dish. I thought, overall, that this dish was good -- I used chicken and jalapeno sausage to make it more spicy. However, it did not taste like etouffee recipes I am accustomed to. We served this dish over rice as suggested and it was a nice meal. I served it along with recipe#111768. Made for Fall PAC, 2012.
- 4.92 ml chopped garlic
- 177.44 ml diced onion
- 118.29 ml diced green pepper
- 59.14 ml diced celery
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml cayenne pepper
- 2.46 ml paprika
- 1.23 ml ground mustard
- 2.46 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 340.19 g condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 118.29 ml condensed cream of celery soup
- 236.59 ml water
- 226.79 g crawfish meat or 226.79 g cubed chicken, peeled shrimp or 226.79 g raw peeled shrimp
- 44.37 ml sliced green onions
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 709.77 ml cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute garlic, onion, celery and green pepper in butter until soft.
- Stir in spices, soups, water and meat of your choice.
- Bring to simmer and continue cooking until meat is cooked through.
- Stir in green onion and parsley.
- Scoop 1/2 cup rice into bowl.
- Pour etouffee over rice.