Recipe by bcherrycherry
A copycat of Joes Crab Shack
Top Review by DailyInspiration
I have never had Joe's Crab Shack etouffee before so I cannot judge the recipe by their dish. I thought, overall, that this dish was good -- I used chicken and jalapeno sausage to make it more spicy. However, it did not taste like etouffee recipes I am accustomed to. We served this dish over rice as suggested and it was a nice meal. I served it along with recipe#111768. Made for Fall PAC, 2012.
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 3⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup diced celery
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 12 ounces condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 lb crawfish meat or 1⁄2 lb cubed chicken, peeled shrimp or 1⁄2 lb raw peeled shrimp
- 3 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 3 cups cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute garlic, onion, celery and green pepper in butter until soft.
- Stir in spices, soups, water and meat of your choice.
- Bring to simmer and continue cooking until meat is cooked through.
- Stir in green onion and parsley.
- Scoop 1/2 cup rice into bowl.
- Pour etouffee over rice.