Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
My best friend's husband made this up. I only had it once, but I loved it!
- 5 lbs chuck roast, cut in chunks
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄8 cup sugar
- 1 cup beer
- 3 cups water
- Put cut-up chuck roast in dutch oven with oil, salt, and pepper. Brown meat.
- Add everything else. Simmer for 2-3 hours on low. Keep checking it often to stir. (If mixture gets too thick, you may add more water.).
great to have on a cold winters day warm you to your toes