Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My husband came up with this yummy chicken chili from scratch that's perfect for the summer. It's not too spicy for me, but with excellent flavor.
- 2 lbs chicken
- green pepper
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 3 tablespoons cumin
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 56 ounces diced tomatoes (two large cans)
- 16 ounces chicken broth
- 12 ounces beer
- Slow cook the chicken on low in a crock pot for 2-3hrs. Let the chicken rest for five minutes then shred the chicken (or you could use ground or diced instead chicken instead to save time).
- Dice the green pepper and onion and then throw it into the pot to brown on high 2-4minutes.
- Then add the diced garlic to the pot and brown for 2-3 minutes.
- Finely mince the cilantro.
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot and cook on medium.
- When serving squeeze a little fresh lime juice on top to really bring out the cilantro taste. We also add shredded cheddar cheese and Tabasco at the table so you can make it as hot as you want.