This recipe was a winner in the 1st Annual Alaska Fishermen's Grilled Recipe Contest.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon blackening seasoning or 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil or 1/2 cup canola oil
- 4 salmon fillets (4 to 6 oz ea) or 4 halibut steaks (4 to 6 oz ea) or 4 halibut fillets (4 to 6 oz ea)
- 1Blend all seasonings with oil and pour into gallon size zip-lock plastic bag.
- 2Add salmon, turning over to coat on all sides.
- 3Refrigerate salmon while heating grill.
- 4Heat heavy duty skillet or range top.
- 5Sear seafood, about 15 to 30 seconds on each side.
- 6Remove to platter.
- 7Transfer seafood to oiled hot grill.
- 8Turn once, basting with remaining marinade; cook about 6 to 12 minutes per inch of thickness.
- 9Do not overcook.
Browse Our Top Halibut Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Halibut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Joe's Blackened 'n' Grilled Alaska Seafood
Serving Size: 1 (345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 644.6
- Calories from Fat 369
- Total Fat 41.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 146.2 mg
- Sodium 239.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 65.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: