Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 13 mins
This recipe was a winner in the 1st Annual Alaska Fishermen's Grilled Recipe Contest.
Make and share this Joe's Blackened 'n' Grilled Alaska Seafood recipe from Food.com.
- 1 teaspoon blackening seasoning or 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil or 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 4 salmon fillets (4 to 6 oz ea) or 4 halibut steaks (4 to 6 oz ea) or 4 halibut fillets (4 to 6 oz ea)
- Blend all seasonings with oil and pour into gallon size zip-lock plastic bag.
- Add salmon, turning over to coat on all sides.
- Refrigerate salmon while heating grill.
- Heat heavy duty skillet or range top.
- Sear seafood, about 15 to 30 seconds on each side.
- Remove to platter.
- Transfer seafood to oiled hot grill.
- Turn once, basting with remaining marinade; cook about 6 to 12 minutes per inch of thickness.
- Do not overcook.