Recipe by Dee Licious
My husband came up with this delicious comfort food made out of his favorite ingredients: bacon, ground beef, and cheese! The craziest part is he doesn't even like meatloaf but he LOVES this. I kept asking him "You made meatloaf? I thought you hated meatloaf!" The moment I tried it I knew he'd stumbled onto something fabulous. Definitely not for anyone watching their calories or fat intake, but perfect for the low-carb diet or the occasional splurge!
Top Review by Papa D 1946-2012
"Delicious" comfort food indeed! What a fantastic recipe, wonderful blend of ingredients that result in great texture and flavor, does have a slight hint of cheeseburger flavor. I have never used Adobo seasoning before and I must say I will use it often now. Thanks for posting this tasty recipe. Made for Fall 2011 PAC.
- 7 green onions (1 bunch)
- 1 lb lean bacon
- 2 lbs ground beef (93% lean)
- 1 lb cheese (4 cheese Mexican or whatever kind you like)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon adobo seasoning (Goya brand, usually found in the international food isle of the store by hispanic foods. If you can')
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (Bull's Eye brand, doesn't have high fructose corn syrup)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use food processor to grind green onions to a pulp; place in a large bowl.
- Grind uncooked bacon to a pulp; combine with green onions.
- Add ground beef, cheese, black pepper, Adobo seasoning, and minced garlic.
- Mix thoroughly with hands.
- Place in meatloaf pan.
- You can glaze meatloaf with 1 cup Bulls Eye BBQ sauce prior to baking. We put it on individually after we had cooked it but thought it might taste better this way.
- Bake for 70 minutes or until internal temperature is 165 degrees Fahrenheit.