In 'The King Arthur Flour Cookie Companion'
My Private Note
large c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°; lightly grease (or line w/ parchment paper) 2 baking sheets.
- 2In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, spices, salt, and baking soda.
- 3In a saucepan set over low heat, or in the microwave, melt together the butter, sugar, molasses, and rum.
- 4Stir the molasses mixture into the flour mixture; the dough will be wet and sticky.
- 5Cover and refrigerate the dough, for 30 minutes or longer; it will become quite firm.
- 6Using an overstuffed tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop out 2-inch balls of dough.
- 7Place the balls on the prepared baking sheets, leaving 2 inches between them.
- 8Flatten them slightly.
- 9Bake the cookies for 11 minutes, until they appear set (but not dark brown) around the edges.
- 10Remove them from the oven and transfer to a rack to cool.
- 11Store in airtight container as soon as they are just barely warm.
Nutritional Facts for Joe Froggers
Serving Size: 1 (751 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.8
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 100.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 14.5 g
- Protein 1.7 g