Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
When Joe Carter was a Toronto Blue Jay, this recipe was published in a local magazine.
Make and share this Joe Carter's Corn Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 (12 ounce) can canned corn niblets, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F; lightly grease a 13x9 pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the melted butter, corn and creamed corn, sour cream, and egg.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt and pepper.
- Fold the dry mixture into corn mixture just until moistened.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for one hour or until a tester inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before cutting into squares for serving.
This is very good - moist on the inside, crusty on the outside. The next time I make it I will add some shredded cheddar to the batter to give it some extra flavor. I think I will also pan-fry the leftover slices in a little margarine to "toast" it for a different twist. -M