Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
These granola bars are attributed to "Joe", a trail guide and vet at the Wintergreen resort (or so my faded, printed recipe tells me). In any case, I cannot claim this recipe to be my own, but it is a keeper. I have a batch of these Joe Bars ready at all times (and they freeze well too).
- 5 1⁄4 cups regular oatmeal (not instant)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chunky peanut butter
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup softened butter (unsalted is better)
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together (no need for an electric mixer; mix by hand).
- Press into a 9x13 pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cut into bars while slightly warm.