Recipe by Southern Sugar Dumplin
This is a terrific, easy to prepare recipe with a surprising ingredient, that really enhances the flavor. My friends and family rave over this chili!
Top Review by Doug2
This is still in the crockpot, but I can tell it's a winner. Consistent sampling will do that! Very unique, almost smoky flavor. And, yes, it does seem to come out just fine in the crockpot. I have the lid ajar right now, to let it thicken just a bit near the end of the cooking time, but that's just personal preference.
- 2 (14 -16 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 4 (14 1/2 ounce) cans black beans, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 (12 ounce) bottlemikes hard limeade
- 1⁄2 cup chili powder
- 1⁄4 cup paprika
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (depending on the amount of hot you like)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice onion into small pieces and sauté in oil over medium heat until translucent, then add minced garlic and sauté another couple of minutes.
- Transfer onion and garlic into large soup pot.
- Cook ground beef thoroughly, drain and add to pot. Add all remaining ingredients, but do NOT drain beans or tomatoes, put all the liquid from the cans into the chili.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer on low to medium low for an hour, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with shredded sharp cheese, a dollop of sour cream and plain Fritos corn chips.