Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a terrific, easy to prepare recipe with a surprising ingredient, that really enhances the flavor. My friends and family rave over this chili!
- 2 (14 -16 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 4 (14 1/2 ounce) cans black beans, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 (12 ounce) bottlemikes hard limeade
- 1⁄2 cup chili powder
- 1⁄4 cup paprika
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (depending on the amount of hot you like)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon oil
- Dice onion into small pieces and sauté in oil over medium heat until translucent, then add minced garlic and sauté another couple of minutes.
- Transfer onion and garlic into large soup pot.
- Cook ground beef thoroughly, drain and add to pot. Add all remaining ingredients, but do NOT drain beans or tomatoes, put all the liquid from the cans into the chili.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer on low to medium low for an hour, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with shredded sharp cheese, a dollop of sour cream and plain Fritos corn chips.
This is still in the crockpot, but I can tell it's a winner. Consistent sampling will do that! Very unique, almost smoky flavor. And, yes, it does seem to come out just fine in the crockpot. I have the lid ajar right now, to let it thicken just a bit near the end of the cooking time, but that's just personal preference.
The Mikes Hard Limeaid is surely the secret indredient. This is the absolute best Chili me and my family have ever tasted!!! And we come from a long line of chili makers. You will not be disappointed!!