Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my own creation, It is an awesome meatloaf, not boring at all. I have had many compliments and everyone who tries it asks for the recipe. I hope that you and your family enjoy it as much as we do.
- 2⁄3 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup onion (chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 slices bacon (crisped & chopped)
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup catsup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg or 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- Mix all ingredients together, well.
- For topping; mix all ingredients together and spoon on top of meatloaf mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour.
This is a good meatloaf. The topping is different from the usual barbeque glace & although it is a bit sweet, the mustard cuts the sweetness & I liked the flavor a lot. Next time I make it, I will try to make sure I have sage on hand. It'll be interesting to see how much of a difference that makes. Thanks, Jodi, this one's a keeper.
The meatloaf itself was excellent but the topping was too sweet.