1 hr 20 mins
I found this recipe from World Vision. It looks a little funny, but it tastes great! It takes a while to cook, but well worth the effort. You can make the chicken ahead to cut down on cooking time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put chicken in a large pot with the water and salt.
- 2Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer slowly for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- 3Remove chicken to a bowl, strain and set aside the broth.
- 4Let chicken cool and shred. Set aside.
- 5Toast the sesame and pumpkin seeds in a dry skillet over medium heat till lightly browned, stirring frequently.
- 6Put seeds in a coffee grinder or food processor and grind to a fine powder.
- 7Add sesame and pumpkin seed powder and all remaining ingredients to a food processor or blender. This will produce a green sauce.
- 8Add 1 cup of the broth and process till smooth.
- 9Return chicken to the large pot. Pour green sauce over the chicken and add 1 to 1 1/2 cups of remaining broth to bring to a sauce-like consistency.
- 10Heat over medium-low heat and simmer an additional 15-25 minutes.
- 11Serve with rice and tortillas.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jocon - Guatemalen Chicken Dish
Serving Size: 1 (478 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 589.6
- Calories from Fat 362
- Total Fat 40.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 170.1 mg
- Sodium 950.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 46.4 g