Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe from World Vision. It looks a little funny, but it tastes great! It takes a while to cook, but well worth the effort. You can make the chicken ahead to cut down on cooking time.
- Put chicken in a large pot with the water and salt.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer slowly for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove chicken to a bowl, strain and set aside the broth.
- Let chicken cool and shred. Set aside.
- Toast the sesame and pumpkin seeds in a dry skillet over medium heat till lightly browned, stirring frequently.
- Put seeds in a coffee grinder or food processor and grind to a fine powder.
- Add sesame and pumpkin seed powder and all remaining ingredients to a food processor or blender. This will produce a green sauce.
- Add 1 cup of the broth and process till smooth.
- Return chicken to the large pot. Pour green sauce over the chicken and add 1 to 1 1/2 cups of remaining broth to bring to a sauce-like consistency.
- Heat over medium-low heat and simmer an additional 15-25 minutes.
- Serve with rice and tortillas.