Recipe by JustJanS
Our most favourite pasta sauce lightened up
Top Review by The Flying Chef
This is one of the best pasta recipes I have made in ages. I cooked a little differently than stated as I have a gas stove top that gets really hot and I was afraid of burning. I cooked the bacon, onion and garlic step, then removed and placed into a bowl whilst I cooked the chicken and mushrooms and added the onion mix back once I had added the wine and stock. I followed everything else to a tee apart from adding a little more Parmesan cheese just our preference. I served over penne pasta as suggested and it truly was a totally delicious meal. Everyone raved especially my son who is a major pasta specialist as it is his favourite meal. I loved how easy it was to prepare and was loaded with flavour. I served ours with some salad greens and garlic bread. It smelled divine whilst cooking, it tasted even better, a true winner Jan that has gone straight into my favourites. :)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 400 g skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 200 g mushrooms, sliced
- 100 ml dry white wine
- 100 ml chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato pesto
- 300 ml low-fat evaporated milk
- 50 g parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup green onion top
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the onion and bacon until the onion is soft (about 5 minutes).
- Add the garlic and cook another couple of minutes.
- Add the chicken and mushrooms and cook until the chicken turns white:.
- (about 10 minutes), stirring frequently.
- Add the white wine and allow to cook to reduce for a couple of minutes, then add the stock.
- Add the pesto and the evaporated milk and cook until heated through.
- Add the Parmesan and stir through along with the green onion tops.
- Serve over the pasta of your choice (I like penne).